I find many church websites have lots of information, but are not ‘invitational’ – they are not focused on the visitor experience, what a visitor might want to know, and how a visitor might want to be engaged.
I was delighted to be invited to develop a website for the Methodist Church in Auckland and Manukau which had focus on the visitor experience, rather that lots of ‘in-house’ information. After talking about it, we focused on the idea of MethodistNorth – with a focus on those North of the Bombay Hills, the well known hills on the Southern Boundary of Auckland.
Some of the Features of the Site include
- It features groups and parishes who want to be listed via a feature page and google map.
- A group/parish page endeavours to paint a picture of the kind of congregation it is, who goes, what they do together, as well as when services are.
- Regular news is posted of what is happening including material relating to the area taken from Touchstone magazine.
- Steve Taylor’s excellent movie removes feature regularly.
- It includes communities like the Auckland inner city Splice, and Lifewise
- Integrated with Mailchimp, Facebook and Twitter