The total number of FB users in New Zealand is reaching 2,203,260 and grew by more than 103040 in the last 6 months. – 4.7% increase in 6 months
- There are 45% male users and 55% female users in New Zealand
- The biggest gain in the last 3 months was recorded by the age group of 35 – 44
Herald-DigiPoll Jan 2011 survey
- More than half of New Zealanders have an online profile
- Half of those check it daily
- One in 10 admits to being addicted to it.
Almost half, 46 per cent, of the 750 respondents thought the site had improved the way they communicate with others.